In 1850, a meeting was held at a hotel owned by Mr. Jacob Terryberry for the purpose of planning the construction of a Church of England in Glanford. Previously, services, led by the Rev. R.N. Merritt, had been held at the Mud Meeting House on Dickenson Road, as well as rumour has it, the local tavern! By 1851, a Building Committee was formed and work began to build the church on one acre of land donated by Mr. Joseph Choate.
Upon Rev. Merritt's retirement, the Rev. Geo. A. Bull became rector and remained so for another thirty-three years. A pipe organ was purchased in 1855 for one hundred pounds and remained in use until it was replaced in 1959. In 1875, St. Paul's was incorporated into the newly created Diocese of Niagara. The current bell tower was erected in 1926 with the names of the men of the parish who assisted with the construction being enclosed in a bottle which was placed beneath the tower floor.
In 1995, St. Paul's saw its first woman minister, the Rev. Kristine Swire. Under her leadership, the parish hall size was increased and an elevator, air conditioning and a security system added. The founders of the "English Church" in 1851 would surely be astounded and proud of the many changes to their "little church on the hill".
A memorial garden, along with the graves of fourteen British airmen who died while training with the RAF at Mount Hope, can be found in St. Paul's cemetery. Twelve of these men were killed during a navigational exercise on the night of November 13, 1941, and the remaining two in 1943. Their names are recorded in the Book of Remembrance, in St. Clement Danes Church, London, England. Each year, the Air Force Association along with the local Air Cadets attend a church service at St. Paul's and place flowers on the graves to honour these men.